SC 1.3 b - Program of Activities
The SIRGAS 2000 GPS campaign was carried out from May 10 to 19, 2003, in order to support the computation of a velocity field for South America and the activities of SIRGAS WG3. In total, 184 stations were established in the Americas, whose coordinates were computed and are available on the project website (http://www.ibge.gov.br/sirgas).
The next project activities are:
- To improve the coverage and functioning of the SIRGAS Continuously Operating Network (SIRGAS-CON) following the IAG recommendations related with the monumentation, maintenance, and analysis strategies (WG1)
- To improve the determination of the velocity field for Latin America, based on independent computations using collocation and finite elements (WG 1);
- To derive ionosphere models (WG 1);
- To assist the countries in establishing the geocentric datum (WG 2);
- To assist the countries in establishing national reference frames (WG 2);
- To carry out spirit leveling of the SIRGAS 2000 and SIRGAS-CON stations (WG 2, WG 3);
- To connect the classical vertical networks between neighboring countries (WG 2, WG 3);
- To adjust the geopotential numbers of the national vertical networks in a continental frame (WG 3);
- To collaborate with the determination of the sea surface topography at the reference tide gauges (WG 3);
- To establish a unified height system in the frame of a global vertical reference system (WG 3).
For more information, please visit www.sirgas.org.